National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) is from April 22-28, 2012.It’s an important week for the entire infertility community as we gather together to raise awareness for our disease. Founded by Resolve, the National Infertility Association, NIAW is a recognized health observance week by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- There are those who would have you believe that infertility is not a disease. They’re wrong.
- There are those who would have you believe that infertility treatments don’t deserve insurance coverage. They do.
- There are those who would have you believe infertility patients don’t face a social stigma. We do.
The theme for NIAW this year is “Don’t ignore…” We, as a patient community, are so often ignored. Our experiences are so often minimized, trivialized, invalidated and misunderstood. This year, Resolve says that it’s time folks pay attention. I couldn’t agree more.
And to keep people from ignoring us or infertility in general, I’ve created 7 Facebook Timeline covers you can download to raise awareness on your own. You can even rotate them out so you have a different cover each day of NIAW!
7 24! Facebook Timeline Covers for National Infertility Awareness Week
Like them all? Get them all at my Facebook page!
#1 – Embrace Hope
#2 – Live a Fertile Life
#3. Speak Up & Be Heard
#4 – Be Informed
#5 – Because 1 in 8 is Someone You Know
#6 – Because 1 in 8 is Someone You Know… Like Me.
#7 – 7.3 Million Americans have infertility. Like Me.
How to Add Your NIAW Timeline Cover to Your Facebook Profile
- Click on each image to open it full size in a new tab/window.
- Right-click and hit “Save As” to your computer.
- Log into Facebook & go to your Profile Page.
- On your Timeline Cover image, click “Change Cover” then select “Upload Photo.”
- Select the file name of the Timeline Cover you downloaded. Hit Enter.
- Click the blue “Save Changes” button.
- Voila! You’ve just raised awareness for infertility. Nice work
I hope you’ll join me in posting these to your own Facebook Timeline covers (especially numbers 6 and 7, if you’re feeling particularly brave!) to raise awareness during National Infertility Awareness Week. Please feel free to share these covers with others by tweeting, sharing, and pinning this post!
Remember: the only way to create a national, open, compassionate dialogue about infertility is to raise awareness, one person at a time.
#8-24 – Bloggers, Husbands, Men, Dads, Women, Moms, Wives, Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles, Sisters, Brothers, Adoptive Parents, Birthmothers, Surrogates, Egg Donors, Doctors, Nurses for Infertility Awareness
See them all here and download yours today! Have a suggestion for a banner? Email me, leave a comment here or at my Facebook page, or @ me on Twitter!