A Whole New Infertility Voice: Seeking Contributors & Guest Bloggers!

You may have noticed that my website looks a bit different. That’s half the reason it’s been so gosh darn quiet around here; I’ve been very busy tinkering with all the cogs and buttons and levers that crank this site to life each day.

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about this space and the community that has surrounded me. I’ve written much lately about how I feel my identity has been shifting but that my heart still beats for this community and this space. I couldn’t walk away from here if I tried – there’s just too much of my heart and soul here.

I struggled with feeling pigeon-holed as THE Infertility Voice, this all-definite title I gave myself.

The truth is, The Infertility Voice isn’t just about my voice.

The Infertility Voice?

It’s all of our voices, our stories, and our journeys.

That’s what makes our community vibrant and diverse. That’s what makes our case to insurers, legislators and the general public. Infertility is what we share in common and in that commonality, we find strength and empowerment by speaking out and sharing our stories. We lift each other up, we speak out for each other, we support, comfort and look out for each other.

If anything, we’re a chorus of voices, experiences and stories.

And now, I think it’s time to open up the mic.

TIV Contributors

The Infertility Voice: Regular Contributor Application is Open!

I have a few contributors lined up to join me in creating unique, compelling, engaging content on a regular basis at this site, but I need a few more. I’ll still be sharing bits of my journey and commentary on pertinent infertility and adoption related news and information, but I’ll be stepping back and taking on the conductor’s role as Editor-in-Chief whereas Infertility Voice contributors will make up the soloists.

Currently, I’m seeking 2-4 regular Contributors who can commit to submitting one post per week. Ideally, I’m looking for the following:

• Diverse, compelling writers with their own personal infertility or adoption blog*
  • Writers currently unresolved and either in treatment or in the adoption process, or in the family building decision-making process
  • In addition, we seek writers who have experienced pregnancy loss or miscarriage

*Yes, you must have a blog in order to be a regular Contributor.

Ready to take the plunge? Apply to be a regular Contributor here. Applications will be accepted through April 30th.

Guest Blogging Opportunities

If you don’t have a blog or don’t want to be a regular Contributor to this site, but want to share your story with the infertility community online, then consider submitting a guest blog. Guest blogs must be original content not previously published elsewhere on the web and may be published anonymously.

What kinds of guest blogs am I looking for? Glad you asked:

• Personal stories about specific moments in your journey or a summary of your journey so far
  • Advice articles, how-to articles, list posts
  • Commentary on infertility and adoption related news items, media or entertainment
  • Success stories

If this sounds more up your alley than a Contributor role, head on over here to submit your guest blogs now! Guest blogs are welcome anytime and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.

Help me spread the word by sharing this post!

Know someone who you think would be a great fit as a Contributor or would have a kickass guest blog to send in? Share this post with them!

Pardon the dust over the next couple of weeks as I continue to hammer out and finalize the look of the new site. I’m really, really excited about opening up this space to a more diverse group of writers and I hope you are too. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg… I’ve got a lot more planned to make this site an even better resource for you to roll out in the next few months!

What other ideas, suggestions, questions or feedback do you have as I continue to craft this space? What do you think about opening up this space to more voices? Sound off in the comments!

Never miss a moment at The Infertility Voice: subscribe now.

Comments

1. Maria says

How absolutely fantastic! Go IF Voice(s)! Once I’m no longer forehead deep in dissertation, I would love to contribute. Perhaps a guest spot will be open at that point. :)

• Keiko says

Maria, it would be AWESOME to have you guest post on the results of your dissertation. I know I’m very intrigued about what you’re studying!

• Maria says

I’m so happy you’re intrigued (usually it’s just the researcher herself who’s interested…lol). Can’t wait to analyze the data! Need a few more participants, and I’ll be on my way. :D

2. Michelle says

Keiko…This sounds like a great idea to me. Not interested in guesting but wanted to say I like the idea of this transition. I understand what you mean that your heart is always with the infertility group and activism for it even if you aren’t knee deep in the crappy parts so much anymore. I still have a huge piece of my heart with everyone in the trenches and celebrate all the successes.

3. Kimberly says

I think this is a wonderful idea! I would be interested in contributing or guest posting if you think I would fit in. Being from Canada, I could help with resources and infomation for Canadian readers :)

• Keiko says

I deliberately did NOT include location restrictions for this very reason. I have a lot of readers from Canada and the UK, so submit away!

4. Melanie says

I was trying to submit an application to contribute. But I’m on my phone, not sure if its that or on your end. I couldn’t get the next button to work to get to the next step.
    I have a blog on infertility and endometriosis and I am about to go through another ivf cycle.

• Keiko says

It’s probably on my end. Have had no time to work on getting this site mobile responsive. That said, applications are available through 4/30, so if you can submit from a desktop, please do!

5. Robin says

Keiko, This is a wonderful idea. I’m going to submit an application to be a regular contributor. I also look forward to hearing from others in similar situations about how they are handling all the ups and downs of this journey. It seems inevitable that you’ll be pulled away as your life transitions so it’s great that you are opening this up to other voices within the infertility community.

On a seperate note, I am happy to see you posting therefore I know the events today in the city near us have not harmed you…physically.

6. Iris Waichler says

Hi Keiko: I have followed your work and would be interested in being a guest contributor. I have been doing infertility advocacy for 13 years. I authored an award winning book called Riding the Infertility Roller Coaster: A Guide to Educate and Inspire. I had a child through ivf and also have been a clinical social worker for 35 years. I could write original blogs or answer questions your readers might have blending my professional expertise and personal experience. Let me know what you think.

7. gailcanoe says

Great idea! I can’t wait to read the guest posts and regular contributors.
    Thanks for keeping the site going!

8. SRB says

Really looking forward to this transition, Keiko. I can’t wait to see what the renovations unveil! I’ll wait to submit a guest blog until I see what you’re looking for, but I’ll be submitting. Oh yes. :)